Australia & New Zealand

Project

Critical Communications Enhancement Program – Design of the Integrated PMO

Client

NSW Telco Authority

Location

NSW, Australia

Overview

blueVisions was engaged by the NSW Telco Authority to design an Integrated PMO, that will coordinate the delivery of the CCEP program over the four year term. The iPMO design involved engagement with over eight NSW agencies over a 10 week period. The design of the iPMO included a full specification and costing model to support coordination of the program across multiple agencies in NSW, a centralised control framework with a clear methodology, governance, systems and processes), effective working relationships with the extended corporate functions of the Telco Authority and effective commercial and financial controls across the program.

Project

National Broadband Network (NBN)

Client

ETSA Utilities

Location

NSW, Australia

Overview

NBN programme was rolled out to provide access to fast, reliable and affordable broadband services throughout Australia. It uses fibre optics technology to deliver Fibre To The Home (FTTH). Current broadband fastest speeds are 8 to 10 megabits per second (mbps). NBN shall deliver speeds of up to 100 mbps to 93% of premises (via fibre) and 12 mbps to remaining 7% (via wireless 4% and satellite 3%).

Bluevisions was involved in various NBN projects, as shown below:

  • John Holland Communications
  • Tasmania – Backbone – Baseline Schedule and Progress Monitoring
  • Tasmania – First Three Cities – Baseline Schedule and Progress Monitoring
  • John Holland Conneq JV – Tier 1 Bid
  • Silcar Communications
  • Armidale Project – Baseline Schedule and Progress Monitoring
  • ETSA Utilities
  • Willunga Project – Baseline Schedule and Progress Monitoring
Project

Hutchison 3G

Client

Hutchison Telecoms

Location

Australia

Overview

The Hutchison 3G initiative delivered groundbreaking technology and services to the Australian public. The management challenges included unprecedented technology and business processes, which needed to be built from the ground up in a program of over 2,000 projects, for the successful launch of a $3bn business. blueVisions was also responsible for undertaking a review of the design and attending site for site inspections.

Project

Hutchison Managed Services

Client

Hutchison Telecoms

Location

Australia

Overview

Following the successful 3G launch by Hutchison Telecoms, a strategic decision was made to outsource the operational management and technical changes involved in 3G’s network move to Ericsson. This required the development and implementation of key project and program methodologies and processes to service the operational and project needs of Hutchison Telecoms. blueVisions was also in charge of undertaking design review as well as handling site inspections.

Project

Digital Train Radio System (DTRS) – Victoria

Client

Public Transport of Victoria

Location

VIC, Australia

Overview

The Digital Train Radio System (DTRS) is the state-of-the-art metropolitan train driver communication system, replacing the Urban Train Radio System (UTRS), which was coming towards the end of its maintainable life. DTRS provides highly reliable voice and data radio coverage, enabling train drivers to communicate efficiently. Bluevisions, on behalf of John Holland Communications, was responsible for preparation of baseline schedule for the base stations and repeater stations as well as progress monitoring on a weekly basis, updating of Primavera P6 schedule and generating weekly progress reports. The design review and site inspections were also handled by blueVisions.

Project

Armidale NBN

Client

NBN Co.

Location

Australia

Overview

Silcar was one of the first contractors selected by NBN Co to deliver the design and construction of a mainland First Release Site which included new underground and overhead network build and the connection of customer premises. Bluevisions was responsible for preparing the construction schedule for Silcar as per NBN Co’s requirements and monitoring, updating the schedule and producing progress reports throughout the life of the project, as well as undertaking a review of the design and attending site for site inspections.